Smart Detect™ SARS-CoV-2 rRT-PCR Kit
Smart DetectTM SARS-CoV-2 rRT-PCR Kit is a multiplex real-time RT-PCR test intended for the presumptive qualitative detection of nucleic acid from severe acute respiratory syndrome-related coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) using nasopharyngeal swab samples. The test is intended for use in individuals who meet current CDC guidelines for SARS-CoV-2 testing.
What instruments will be validated with the kit?
- 7500 Fast Dx Real-Time PCR Instrument by Applied Biosystems
- CFX96 Touch Real- Time PCR Detection System (Bio-Rad) and CFX Maestro Software (Bio-Rad)
- End users can also validate the kit on their own instruments
What extraction kits will be compatible?
- QIAamp Viral RNA Mini Kit (QIAGEN, catalog # 52904 or 52906)
- QIAamp DSP Viral RNA Mini Kit (QIAGEN, catalog # 61904)
- End users can also validate the kit with their own RNA extraction methods.
What is the anticipated Date of Release? Early April; earliest date will be April 8, 2020